Powered by Blogger.

Flat Whites & Vulnerability: Wicker Park

by - August 01, 2019



Location: Wicker Park 
Time: 7:46pm
Thoughts: Vulnerability

Sitting on short stools with the high-strung jazz playing in the background.

We are deep in thought, deep in the presence of each other.

Even though I claim to be comfortable with vulnerability,
truthfully I think my pride has stopped me from getting to the depths of what 
pains me in certain moments.

I can use words and logic to explain the circumstances behind my pain,
however the ability to let go and just be is incredibly hard.

I hold things in for the sake of being strong, but hearing my sisters' words
I know now that it's okay to not be okay. 
It's okay to be frank about my needs.

"It's okay to be weak."

"We just want Jesus to be the Lion for us, but we have to remember 
that he was also the Lamb."

"We have seen each others pain. There's equal reciprocation,
we are equals in being real and that's what matters."

There is beauty in tears, in the process of surrendering.

And.

There is beauty in You, whose soul and arms I find my rest. 

You May Also Like

0 comments